Monday 28 January 2013

A Drawing A Day #2 - Cassettes

Less of a drawing, more of a scribble-sketch. I was going for that sort of look as to me it fits the cassettes - it reminds me of the times when tapes used to get chewed up and they'd get all messy - like this drawing.

To be honest although I love the aesthetics of the cassette tape, and piles thereof, the repetitiveness bored me quickly - my main problem when creating. I would definitely prefer to work on producing an image like this digitally.


Here's the box after I put the tapes back all nice and orderly. This represent my musical tastes in the second half of the 90s:


The tracklists to my mixtapes were perhaps even more eclectic. This cassette (check out the name I gave it!) also boasted tracks from Feeder, Terris, Idlewild, EZ Rollers, Animalhouse and Freddy Fresh:

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you need to just stand back and marvel at the sheer advancements we've made through history. Who would have thought that some of the feats mankind have achieved were even possible. I'm not even talking about launching man into space, building enormous skyscrapers, unraveling the human DNA, the technology around us that we take advantage of is a feat in itself, take loading DVD to iPod for example. Cassettes

    ReplyDelete