Saturday 29 October 2011

PRo and Odd Thomas - Two New Reviews

Have a couple more reviews for y'all to peruse:

First is PRo's 'Dying To Live' on Reach Records, which to be honest, was kinda the last Reach Records-ish release that I could listen to, having only recently reviewed both of Lecrae's latest releases. Because of this, it's possible that I reviewed unfairly but really 'Dying To Live' is very similar to other Reach releases - which is good, if you like that sort of thing. I must say though that their Gospel message is consistent and challenging and this is of utmost importance - they'll be reaching the folk who they intend to reach by continuing the way they are going.

Second is Odd Thomas' 'The Divine Use of Animosity and Ridicule' which I really enjoyed - much more my thing. OK, so Odd Thomas isn't exactly prolific with releases but that doesn't matter too much to me - at least I don't have to keep splashing out to keep up with him (even though this release is free as it's a Humble Beast jobbie). Want to hear some brave and bold emceeing? Then check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment