Sunday 7 August 2011

Joyful About Jesus #1: 'Jesus' - Jahaziel

After returning from an excellent week away at a small family conference I've been after finding some Hip Hop which revels in the work of Jesus on the cross. I listened to Shai Linne's 'The Atonement' in the car on the way home, and whilst I love the way doctrines are taught on that CD, I wanted something more responsive to what Jesus has done for me to listen to.

I decided to get out my copy of Jahaziel's 'Ready To Live' and found the track 'Jesus' to hit the spot! I have been so challenged in my thinking about the cross and resurrection. I think for me it had turned into just head-knowledge; something I knew, and was real to me, but not something that made me rejoice daily in what my Saviour has done for me.

I'm now on a quest to put together a decent sized playlist of Hip Hop tracks which enjoy what Jesus has accomplished for us, rather than just teach what He did. Watch this space and if you have any suggestions, send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment