Thursday 2 December 2010

'The Mighty Binoculars' ft. Braille - Mr. Fresh

Mr. Fresh a UK producer hooked up with Braille, one of my favourite underground US rappers on the track 'The Mighty Binoculars'. It's all about looking forward in time, and more particularly looking forward, through his mighty binoculars, to heaven.

This is a subject I've been thinking of recently as I have been reading Cornelius Venema's 'Christ and the Future' (the abridged version). The book, and subsequent conversations with us, has led me to reassess my forward thinking. Often enough I don't think forward to heaven, but the thing that surprised me is how little I look forward to Christ's return, my resurrection body and the new earth.

Matthew 25:31-46 (hear my pastor's sermon on these verses here) describes what Christ's return will be like. It says "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne." It goes onto explain that Christians are going to live in His kingdom, where he sits on His throne: "‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." It is in this place that God always intended us to live - it has been ready since the earth was made!

Isaiah 65, verses 17 to 25, describes an amazing place where "the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more", where "never again will there be... an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years" and where "former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind".

Should I not be excited about this? Should I not be looking forward to this? As Braille says, "One day that'll be mine"! Want to know what the future holds? Check those verses I quoted in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment